Are you looking for an opportunity to support your local community in this difficult time, but aren’t quite sure where to start? At SimkissGuy Recruitment, we have a number of links with charities across the Midlands and further afield who need vital support in order to continue providing the highest levels of care and support to some of those who are feeling isolated and alone in our society in this period.
One such charity is Rethink Mental Illness, a leading provider of mental health services in England. They have a number of voluntary positions available across the UK to help them in delivering essential care provisions to those living with mental illness who need more help than ever during the Covid-19 outbreak.
Who are they looking for?
- Regional Volunteers
- Support Workers
- Project Managers
What can I help with?
- Staff Transport – bringing staff into and home from work who are struggling with public transport.
- Appointment Transport – taking people to essential appointments.
- Running Errands – getting food shopping and key supplies to their services.
- Medication – collecting medication and prescriptions for the service.
- Cleaning – helping with the extra cleaning.
- Cooking – support with meal preparation and cooking.
- Administration – providing administration support to the service.
- Maintenance – essential maintenance works within our services.
- Companionship – checking in and talking on the phone.
- Project Management – supporting with numerous projects across the organisation.
Where can I help?
- West Midlands
- East Midlands
- Yorkshire and Humberside
- South West
We believe giving back is so important, especially at times like these, so we are proud to be supporting the fantastic work that Rethink Mental Illness are doing to help some of the most vulnerable in our community during this time. Whether you are looking to do something meaningful by helping others or are keen to build experience for your CV and personal development, please consider either getting involved or sharing their message.
Registering couldn’t be more simple, just call their friendly volunteer recruitment team between 9am and 5pm on 0121 522 7026 or 0121 522 7022 and they will be able to register you over the phone.
Terms and Conditions – You need to be 18 or over, fit and well with no symptoms. Those in higher-risk groups (including those over 70, those who are pregnant or with underlying medical conditions) may be able to offer support by telephone.