We are currently recruiting a number of experienced Healthcare Assistants to cover shifts on behalf of our care home, nursing home and NHS Trust clients based in Birmingham and the surrounding areas. Offering excellent rates of pay on a weekly payroll with further enhancements for weekends and Bank Holidays.
Are you a Healthcare Assistant with:
• The right to work in the UK.
• Professional experience and qualifications in the health and social care sector.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A full driving license and access to a vehicle (desirable but not essential).
• Ideally, a recent DBS check.
• A reliable and caring nature, proactive and a great team worker.
• A compassionate and empathetic approach towards service users’ needs and choices.
• Able to pick up shifts at short notice.
Healthcare Assistants typically support clients with a wide range of needs, illness and disabilities and provide:
• Personal care to both male and female clients.
• Assistance with eating, drinking and mobility.
• Light housekeeping tasks, such as dusting and vacuuming.
• Encouragement to take part in activities and socialise.
• Assistance in maintaining independence and dignity.
You will be working within residential and nursing homes in your local area, as well as in NHS Trusts and Hospice’s, and there are variety of shift patterns available. You will ideally have undertaken training in SOVA and Manual Handling and have a recent DBS check. However, training may also be available in these areas if successful.
We are particularly keen to hear from those who have been working up until recently in the hospitality sector and are looking to transfer skills and experience into a new sector. Relevant training may be provided if successful.
SimkissGuy Recruitment is acting as a recruitment agency for the purpose of this vacancy. By sending your CV to us, you hereby consent for is to contact you in relation to recruitment. We are an equal opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all. We will be in touch within 3 working days if we would like to discuss your CV and experience further. If you do not hear from us within that time then you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this particular vacancy. We would welcome further applications from you for roles that may be more suited to your skills and experience.
To find out more about other vacancies at SimkissGuy Recruitment, click here